The Supermonstars RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Supermonstars RPG Forum

The Rollplaygame-forum for all Monsterlovers and Lordifans!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Werewolves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prue
Admin
Prue

Creature/Species : Werewolf Demon

Werewolves  Empty
PostSubject: Werewolves    Werewolves  Icon_minitime17/12/2010, 02:26

When it comes to fantasy mythology creatures, so my answer is given.

Werewolves (lycanthropes) has always fascinated me for many many years.
Dogs, wolves, dog, animal, and also "mythology"
Is something about the line is what is called man and beast are at their limit.
Not quite as dog / wolf animals but also männsikor is appealing.
If I had the chance to become a creature, it would probably become a werewolf or wolf man.

Werewolves  GW228H323
A fitting quote is probably:
" We humans fear the beast Within the wolf
Because We Do Not Understand The Beast Within Ourselves."

~ Gerald Hausman

Some fact about this creature
Qoute from : the unexplained mysteries
Quote :

The mythological belief in werewolves has been with us for centuries.

Many historians and folklorists have pondered the origins of the belief in lycanthropy, which is really the human ability to change into not only wolves but bears, big cats and other dangerous creatures. Of all of these transformations though, that of man into wolf is the best known.

This is largely due to the Old World traditions of wolves being feared as predators by the Europeans.
There are many historical accounts of wolves preying on human beings during wars and hard winters, although not all of these accounts can be taken as fact.
However, the true accounts were prevalent enough that the French had a word for the wolf that has acquired a taste for human flesh, the “werewolf” or the loup-garou.

For those who claimed such powers, their delusions were frighteningly real.
Many people who believed themselves to be werewolves testified, under torture and otherwise, of murdering both people and animals while in their transformed state.
For this reason, many researcher today have associated being a “werewolf” with those we would deem to be murderously mentally ill.
Among these were serial killers like Stubbe Peeter, who was tried in Germany in 1589 for a 25 year crime spree.
During that time, he murdered adults and children (including his own son), committed cannibalism and incest and attacked animals. Peeter claimed to have made a pact with Satan, who had then given him an animal pelt that would change him into a wolf.
In 1598, French authorities arrested Jacques Roulet after he was found hiding in some brush and covered with the blood of a mutilated teenaged boy.
Roulet claimed that he had killed the boy while transformed into a werewolf.

In most old legends the human became a shape shifter by either being born under a curse or by being infected from the bite or scratch (like a virus) from another shape shifter (werewolf).
There are also rituals that can be preformed at the right times and under the right conditions that can allegedly turn the caster into a werewolf:

Cursed Werewolf:
A cursed werewolf is an individual who have been cursed (usually a family curse) or bitten by another werewolf. They are involuntary participants in the werewolf curse. These unlucky souls are believed to have little or no control over their shape shifting ability to transform from human-to-werewolf. Cursed werewolves are subject to natural phases of the moon's lunar cycle. Once the subject has changed into wolf form the subject's mind blacks out and they will not remember much, if anything, of the details of the night before. The instincts of the animal take over and control the actions of the beast.

Magic Werewolf:
A magic werewolf is an individual who has obtained the supernatural ability to shape shift by crafting magical method such as spells, chants, talismans, charms, animal skins, etc.
These werewolves have entered the changeling path of their own free will.
They have chosen to seek out techniques to become a werewolf and are willing to attempt the process.
Magic werewolves are said to have more control over their ability but are still captives to the natural animal instinct of the beast that they are becoming.

Spiritual Werewolf:
Spiritual werewolves do not have to change into a werewolf.
Spiritual werewolves acquire the aspects of the animal into their personality.
They become the animal in spirit. This is often the result of shaman rituals intended to invoke a spirit wolf.
This change may also take effect because of a dream, prophetic vision or dream quest.
Like magic werewolves the process can also be aided by the use of magic spells, incantations, charms, etc.

In the case portrayed werewolves, I think Van Helsing Werewolves are so far the best.
As has portrayed in the many films made on or with werewolves.

Werewolves  Werewo10, Werewolves  30938610,Werewolves  GW221H121

Underworld has also werewolves aswell vampires
Werewolves  Underworld, Werewolves  Werewo10,Werewolves  Werewo11

Jack Nicholson as a werewolf in the movie : Wolf a great example how werewolves came to bee.
With this image of werewolves
Werewolves  W0200710, Werewolves  Chaney10

Werewolves  12072510 Werewolves  Wolfma10
Wolfman (2010) with Benicio Del Toro came and try to give the old movie Wolfman a new fresh face
But isn't any different from the old movie from the year 1941 or maybe it's just me.
Myself were disappointed in the new Wolfman movie.
So far, so non had or can not capture the image (which I might have) of the legend of werewolves should have.
Or should have

As the books are about to be, stories, comics are hard up for just Werewolves
It feels like vampires shines over these creatures.
itself has not really taken why these vampires to be trendy (you can say it now, think. Without someone to take up or create drama)
Anyway, I think there are few films or little focus on these interesting violent werewolves.
some boom I own now and a good source to read about history with werewolves.
Werewolves  Werewo12, Werewolves  51oujl10

In the game : Dragon Age: Origins
There are nice looking werewolves. Those cursed humans fight with the beast in themself .
And it's nice to see the monster, beast with the wrath, strength, violence as the image the werewolvs has
or shall have ?
Anyway here some images
Werewolves  Werewolf_game1, Werewolves  Werewo13
Werewolves  Werewolves, Werewolves  Werewolf03

Maybe somebody els have ideas or thought about this mythology creature ?
I know there is some movies and perhaps book about werewolves.
But Myself are a bit picky when it come to my fav mythology creature.

So what about you ?
This is just general talk about werewolves

Back to top Go down
http://miss-vaki.livejournal.com/

Werewolves
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Supermonstars RPG Forum :: Miscellaneous talk :: General talk :: Mystery of the unknown :: Beasts are also beauties-
Jump to: